Our Dinner Groups meet once every month for 4 months in homes. These potluck dinners provide us with a chance to get to know each other better outside of church. Groups include about 8 people. Singles and couples of all ages are welcome. Every six months or so, the groups are reshuffled to give everyone the chance to meet more new people.
How Dinner Groups Work (General Guidelines for Dinner Group)
Please remember that these are only “guidelines” and creativity is very welcome. So let’s have some fun…
The Dinner Group committee will assign approximately 8 people per dinner group.
There are two types of groups:
- Adults only, those with children provide their own childcare (we have lists of sitters)
- Families with children included at the dinners
There is a “Lead Host:” in each group whose task it will be to assure the group schedules and meets for 4 dinners.
Each dinner group will meet approximately once a month for 4 months.
- Everyone takes a turn hosting a meal.
- House too small? Be creative and have a picnic or meet at a restaurant (Dutch treat)
After your group meets 4 times everyone who wants to join the next session puts their name in the box again, we’ll shuffle the names around so you have a chance to meet a new group of 8 people.
- If someone can’t make dinner then invite a new couple you’ve met in church.
- If you have an open seat or two invite a neighbor.