- The organized unit of UNITED METHODIST WOMEN shall be a community of women whose PURPOSE is to know God, and to experience freedom as whole persons through Jesus Christ; to develop a creative, supportive fellowship; and to expand concepts of mission through participation in the global ministries of the church.
- To work to build a supportive community among women; to be an advocate for the oppressed and dispossessed with special attention to the needs of women and children; and to engage in activities that foster growth in the Christian faith, mission education, and Christian social involvement through United Methodist Women.
Who we are
- In existence for over 140 years, The United Methodist Women is an organization of nearly 1 million women who seek a personal relationship with God and to improve life for women, children and youth in all parts of the world.
- United Methodist Women is a community of women who nurture and encourage one another in their spiritual growth, personal leadership and transformation.
What we do
- Grow in faith and understanding through prayer, Bible study, worship, reflection, interaction with others and active involvement in mission.
- Make a difference for women and children by supporting over 100 National mission institutions including community centers, schools, colleges, health care facilities and women’s residences, as well as International missions around the world.
- Engage in mission education through attendance at School of Christian Missions or local seminars, and participation in the Women’s Division Reading Program.
Why become a member
- Members raise approximately $20 million a year for programs and projects related to women, children and youth in the United States and in more than 100 countries around the world!
- Being a member of The United Methodist Church is not required.
- Membership is open to any woman with a desire to join and be part of the global ministries of the United Methodist Church.
- For information on membership, contact Ann Clarke, President 760.753.4853
What is a Circle?
- Circles are small group gatherings of United Methodist Women that enjoy camaraderie and mutual support through devotions and programs. Circles adopt a variety of mission projects to work on during the year. UMW encourages all women of the church to join one of our small Circles, especially if you are new to our church or have not yet found that small circle of friends that can be so important in your Christian walk.
- A monthly gathering is attended by all members on the 2nd Wednesday (or Saturday) at 10:30 am in Founders Hall