For information about what is going on this week with our Children’s Programs view our Children and Family Ministries Blog
- During the traditional service at 9:00 and 10:45, the ministers call the children to the altar shortly after the service begins for a message meant especially for them. The children are then invited to Sunday School or to rejoin their families in worship. Junior high and high school children attend Sunday School every week, or can choose to worship with their families.
- We offer Sunday School at all three of our Services
- 9:00 – 10:00 – Traditional Service (Preschool - 12th grade)
- 10:45 – 11:45 – Traditional Service (Preschool – 2nd grade)
- S.L.A.M. (Students Living A Mission) Meets every Wednesday from 3:30pm-5:00pm in the Youth Room Grades 3rd – 6th
This group is a place where students want to be because they feel safe, loved, supported and encouraged. Some other goals include educating youth about current issues which affect them, engaging in fellowship with peers, inspiring youth to become involved in community outreach, promoting Bible Study outside of Sunday School and to have fun. The structure of the group will include a snack, check-in, ice breakers, games, activities, movie clips, learning content, and discussion. More information about S.L.A.M. events and other Family programs can be found in our Children and Family News on our Blog
- Through our Family Fellowship events held throughout the year, children and their families have the opportunity for casual fellowship.
- Boy Scouts - Troop 774 serves Coastal North County, San Diego and is sponsored by San Dieguito United Methodist Church. The troop is part of the San Diego Imperial Council of the Boy Scouts of America.
Troop meetings are held on Tuesday, at 7 PM .
- The Sunday School program supports the Encinitas Community Center through its collection of Peanut Butter and other items during their once a month All Church “Share the Table Sunday” collection as well as their participation in the Community Resource Center Holiday Basket Program, and a Lenten Mission Project.
- The Sunday School Families also participate in the Bread of Life Rescue Mission and Interfaith Shelter.
- Children’s Choir - For children 1st – 6th grade. Meets Sunday Mornings at 10:05 a.m in the children’s music room.
- Children’s Handbell Choir - For children 1st – 6th grade. Meets Thursdays at 5:45 p.m. in the choir room.
- Summer Camp in July is a great tradition at out church and Camp Cedar Glen in Julian, CA is where it’s happenin’ for the San Diego District Children and Teens.
Vacation Bible School:
- Vacation Bible School is held for one week during the month of July or August.