For Information about what is going on this week with our Youth Programs visit our Teen Fellowship Blog
- Youth (Teens) are welcome to attend our Traditional Worship services at 9:00 am and 10:45 am. The first Sunday of every month everyone will celebrate Communion together. The Youth Director will meet students in front of the church before the 9:00am service so students can sit together.
- Sunday School classes are from 9:00 – 10:00 a.m. (during our Traditional Sunday Morning Service.) Junior High students 7th – 8th grade will meet with Chelsea Simon in the Youth Room. Senior High students 9th – 12th will meet with David Kochanek in the Basement.
- United Methodist Youth Fellowship UMYF (Teen Fellowship) - Meets every Sunday. The first Sunday of every month is a “Community Dinner,” where both the junior high students and the senior high students will meet together to share a meal. The last Sunday of every month will be a fun activity, which provides students a time to invite their friends and have some fun! One Sunday of every month will be a service project where students will have an opportunity to serve the community in which they live.All other Sunday will be regular UMYF meetings. Junior High students meet as a group from 3:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. and Senior High UMYF students meet from 6:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. in the Youth Room.
- Chill Sesh – Every Tuesday from 3:30-6:00pm Jr. High and Sr. High students are invited to come to the Youth Room to do homework, listen to music and “chill.” This is a great opportunity for youth to spend time together and take time out of their busy lives to have fun.
- Confirmation Classes: Confirmation refers to the decision a person makes to respond to God’s grace with intentional commitment, publicly reaffirming his or her baptismal vows before the congregation. During confirmation class, confirmands learn about the meaning of Christian faith; the history and teachings and The United Methodist Church; and an explanation of the baptismal and membership vows they will be professing.
- Confirmation classes typically begin in late winter and run throughout the Spring. These classes meet once a week but students are also required to do a service project, attend a retreat, meet with a mentor and visit alternative worship services. Please contact Youth Director, Chelsea Simon, at Chelsea@encinitaschurch.com for more information.
Sierra Service Project:
- Sierra Service Project - Our summer one week mission trip where our teens (entering 9th grade – graduated seniors) have the opportunity to repair homes on a Native American or Urban worksites, and to experience fellowship with other teen groups and trave in and out of state.
- Teen Choir - 7th – 12th Grades. Meets Sunday Morning from 10:20 – 11:00am
- Teen Handbell Choir - Trinity Bells – 7th – 12th grade. Meets Sunday Nights at 5:00 – 6:00 p.m. during the school year.
- San Diego District United Methodist Summer Camp in July is a great tradition at out church and Camp Cedar Glen in Julian, CA is where it’s happenin’ for the San Diego District Youth and Children.
For additional activities and programs please see our Youth Calendar of Activities
For more information about our Teen Programs, contact our Youth Director Chelsea Simons at or 760-753-6582 ext.308, or firstname.lastname@example.org