For Information about what is going on this week with our Youth Programs visit our Teen Fellowship Blog
- Youth (Teens) are welcome to attend our Traditional Worship services at 9:00 am and 10:30 am. The first Sunday of every month everyone will celebrate Communion together.
- Sunday School classes are from 9:00 – 10:00 a.m. (during our Traditional Sunday Morning Service.) Junior High students 7th – 8th grade will meet with Greg Severson or Jason and Shannon Godbey in the Youth Room. Senior High students 9th – 12th will meet with David Kochanek in the Basement.
- Youth in grades 7th – 12th are invited to join us in the Youth Room every Wednesday from 6:30pm-8:00pm for youth group. Please join us for fellowship, snacks, get to know you games, singing, video clips, a short message and discussion groups.
- Service opportunities and outreach activities offered on other days of the week.
- Confirmation Classes: Confirmation refers to the decision a person makes to respond to God’s grace with intentional commitment, publicly reaffirming his or her baptismal vows before the congregation. During confirmation class, confirmands learn about the meaning of Christian faith; the history and teachings and The United Methodist Church; and an explanation of the baptismal and membership vows they will be professing.
- Confirmation classes typically begin in late winter and run throughout the Spring. These classes meet once a week but students are also required to do a service project, attend a retreat, meet with a mentor and visit alternative worship services. Please contact Director of Student and Family Ministries, Chelsea Simon, at Chelsea@encinitaschurch.com for more information.
Sierra Service Project:
- Sierra Service Project – Our summer one week mission trip where our teens (entering 9th grade – graduated seniors) have the opportunity to repair homes on a Native American or Urban worksites, and to experience fellowship with other teen groups and travel in and out of state.
- Teen Choir – 7th – 12th Grades. Meets Sunday Morning from 10:20 – 11:00am
- Teen Handbell Choir – Trinity Bells – 7th – 12th grade. Meets Sunday Nights at 5:00 – 6:00 p.m. during the school year.
- San Diego District United Methodist Summer Camp in July is a great tradition at out church and Camp Cedar Glen in Julian, CA is where it’s happenin’ for the San Diego District Youth and Children.
For more information about our Teen Programs, contact our Director of Student and Family Ministries Chelsea Simon at or 760-753-6582 ext.308, or firstname.lastname@example.org