Faiths 4 Climate Justice Rally and Resources
Destroying the planet is against our religion! Two weeks before the UN’s global climate negotiations in Glasgow, faith communities around the world will rise up to urge our political and financial leaders to take action.
On Monday, Oct. 18 from 1:00 PM - 2:15 PM--faith communities and their supporters will come together for the Faiths 4 Climate Justice Rally at the County Administration Building, 1600 Pacific Highway, to present 5 key demands on climate and equity. We ask that these demands be prioritized in the County’s Regional Decarbonization Framework. Our Rally will also feature music, street theatre, reflections and prayers from a diversity of faith traditions. Co-sponsors include SanDiego350 and the CA Poor People’s Campaign.
- Invest in green infrastructure for environmentally impacted communities
- Transition rapidly to 100% renewable energy
- Focus on the creation of local green jobs for underserved communities and a just transition for fossil fuel workers
- Prioritize marginalized communities when designing sustainable transit solutions
- Reach zero carbon for SD County by 2030
Please join us to witness our care for the earth and for the poor. We will make our voices heard! If you are interested in carpooling, please contact Rev. Chelsea at RevChelsea@EncinitasChurch.Com